Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Into the breach once more my friends...

Okay, so this blog may be about to become boring for a lot of you...cause it's about to get real heavy on what has become my number one priority as of this morning - weight loss.

I would hope that there will be more than 4 posts in which my resolve dwindles away into a sea of summer frosty goodness (beer) and BBQ...we shall see.

What herculean feat stands before me?  Well, I think probably about 70 pounds should seem right. That's a lot...that's two Costco bags of dog food for the most part.  Go ahead, pick up ONE bag of dog food and walk around with it for a while...that's my world and I'm tired of it. 

I went for the shortest of "hikes" and was embarrassingly out of breath, sweating and unable to keep up with my adventurous friend. While he scampered up the side of the hill like a billy goat who somehow ingested a 5-hour energy shot...I lumbered below seeing black spots and cursing the state I have allowed myself to slip into. I didn't like that. I don't like not being able to be a part of fun. I don't like being limited. Sooo its time to do something about it.

So we begin...Day 1. 70 Pounds to go...eff me.
______________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment