The lovely Hannah Hart has "My Drunk Kitchen"....I tend to have "My Drunk Choir...of one" but without actually recording and subjecting myself to others. So here it is as poetry....but if you get hollerin' up a tune in the spirit of Patsy Cline or Loretta Lynn, press record and send it my way. Cheers!
DO-OVER MAN
You’re flowing out of me like nicotine
And still you stay with me like parlor ink
Memories of warm coffee in shadows of concrete
Secrets and conversations where we used to meet
Laughing in the light of a summer country fire
Cutting through the bullshit of my walls and thorny briar
It was 3am when I realized I’d just found a friend
And the days of my lonely wandering came to an end
I’ve stopped asking questions and I’ve stopped watching
actions
(Cause) it’s clear to me, you and “sorry”, have never met
It’s a world of fresh starts and dealin’ your new hand
You’re a runaway and do over man.
(Cause) it’s clear to me, you and “sorry”, have never met
It’s a world of fresh starts and dealin’ your new hand
You’re a runaway and do over man.
When the tarnish of truth starts rusting out your suit
And the lies pile up like common junkyard loot
You look at me, oh so sweet and tell me it ain’t true
Don’t believe those lies, don’t trust your heart
Babe I’m an honest man to guard your land
and those words you quote are all second hand
And the lies pile up like common junkyard loot
You look at me, oh so sweet and tell me it ain’t true
Don’t believe those lies, don’t trust your heart
Babe I’m an honest man to guard your land
and those words you quote are all second hand
I’ve stopped asking questions and I’ve stopped watching
actions
(Cause) it’s clear to me that you and “sorry” have never met
A world of fresh starts and dealin’ your new hand
You’re a runaway and do over man.
(Cause) it’s clear to me that you and “sorry” have never met
A world of fresh starts and dealin’ your new hand
You’re a runaway and do over man.
Coming back, believing you was a damn sorry plan
With lessons learned and earnest eyes you seemed a new man
But your line of credit in my heart was quickly used
Here meet my friend, shake her hand, and that was my cue
I didn’t ask, you didn’t say, you just went fadin’ away
your coward’s way to say, yea…I did it again
I’ve stopped asking questions and I’ve stopped watching actions
(Cause) it’s clear to me, that you and “sorry” have never met
A world of fresh starts and dealin’ your new hand
You’re a runaway and do over man.
Yes you’re a runaway and do over man.With lessons learned and earnest eyes you seemed a new man
But your line of credit in my heart was quickly used
Here meet my friend, shake her hand, and that was my cue
I didn’t ask, you didn’t say, you just went fadin’ away
your coward’s way to say, yea…I did it again
I’ve stopped asking questions and I’ve stopped watching actions
(Cause) it’s clear to me, that you and “sorry” have never met
A world of fresh starts and dealin’ your new hand
You’re a runaway and do over man.
No comments:
Post a Comment